Dori Weinstein, author of the Jewish children’s book series, YaYa and YoYo, will be visiting Birmingham during November as part of Jewish Book Month. The educator and award-winning author will share inspirational stories behind the creation of her well-known books, Sliding Into the New Year and Shaking in the Shack, the first two installments of the children’s series. Below is a schedule of events for the weekend of Nov. 13-15.
Friday, Nov. 13, at N.E. Miles Jewish Day School
- 10:45 am: Meet the Author (grades 3-5 reading book)
- 11:45 am: Kabbalat Shabbat
Saturday, Nov. 14, at Temple Beth-El
- 11 am: Tot Shabbat Experience with Special Guest Dori Weinstein
- 3:15 pm: Seuda Shelishit/Meet the Author and Q&A Session
- 4:45 pm: Minyan and Havdala
(Don’t forget to stay for the Sisterhood screening of the movie, Sturgeon Queens, at 7 pm!)
Sunday, Nov. 15
- 9 to 9:45 am: Slideshow at TBE for Grades 3-6 during Religious School Hours
- 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm: Creative Writing Workshop for Ages 8-13 at Levite Jewish Community Center; Cost: $15 (includes a ticket to see Theatre LJCC’s production of “Oliver!” at 4 pm)
Dori Weinstein’s visit is a joint project between the Levite Jewish Community Center, N.E. Miles Jewish Day School and Temple Beth-El, and is being generously sponsored by the Birmingham Jewish Foundation.