The Jewish Mental Health Initiative, JMHI 2020, is a collaborative effort of the Birmingham Jewish community agencies and synagogues, funded by the Birmingham Jewish Foundation & CJFS, offering information and programs that focus on mental health and addiction with three primary goals:
If you or someone you care about needs help, here are some local & national resources:
- Collat Jewish Family Services: provides counseling services for all ages.
- The Crisis Center: provides telephone support & counseling services for individuals facing a personal crisis and/or mental health issues.
- PIRC (Psychiatric Intake Response Center): Located at Children’s of Alabama in Birmingham, PIRC is a confidential psychiatric response center designed to assist children & teens, their loved ones and/or caregivers, and community providers in finding the appropriate level of mental health care and resources.
- UAB Substance Abuse Program: provides initial assessment and treatment of alcohol and substance abuse.
- Jewish Addiction Awareness Network: connects families and individuals to information, support, tools, and Jewish perspectives to help them face addiction and work toward recovery.