Please review the proposed change to our by-laws that will come before the congregation for a vote at our annual meeting on July 17th
Amendment to By-Laws
Resolved: That the Bylaws of Congregation Beth-El be amended by deleting Section A of Article V and by substituting the following new Section A of Article V in lieu thereof:
SECTION A: The Board of Directors of the Congregation (the “Board”) shall serve generally as the executive body of the Congregation to manage and transact the business and affairs of the Congregation. The Board shall have the authority
- to manage the properties and funds of the Congregation,
- to manage the operation and maintenance of facilities,
- to manage the implementation of programs and activities of the Congregation,
- to control the Congregation’s financial matters, and
- to hire and fire, supervise and set the compensation and other terms of employment of the Professional staff of the Congregation, including determining whether to extend the terms of employment of the professional staff and the terms of any such extensions. Professional Staff shall be defined by the Board.
The duties and authority of the Directors shall be to attend such meetings of the Board as are duly called to transact the business of the Congregation.
Further Resolved: That the Bylaws be amended by deleting Article IX and by substituting the following new Article IX in lieu thereof:
ARTICLE IX – The Senior Rabbi
The Senior Rabbi shall have the responsibility as spiritual leader and teacher for the Congregation and shall provide such services and duties for and on behalf of the Congregation as may from time to time be determined by, and under the supervision of, the Board of Directors.
Ad-Hoc by-laws committee: Naomi Ivker, Ron Froelich, Alejandra Colon Lopez, Dan Weinrib, Allen Halpern
June 15, 2022